Wednesday 23 January 2013

A warm welcome to Katherine Hetzel

I would like to extend a warm welcome to Katherine, a lovely lady I met whilst at the Festival of Writing in York last year, and who I talked to on The Word Cloud.

Whilst at the Festival, I got up very early one morning (strange being in student accomodation again) and went for a walk. I stumbled upon Katherine and we agreed to walk around the lake together. I had a brilliant chat and heard all about her ideas and her childrens story. I did offer to let her use my children as beta readers... lol! Anyway, a few months later on she has agreed to share some of her writing with us and join the short Stories Group. Her story is funny (look forward to lots of shooting...) and will be published in the next collection due out on the 8th February.

Anyway, enough rambling from me... here is a bit about Katherine!
Enjoy,
Vanessa :) xx

Katherine Hetzel is primarily a children’s author.

Trained as a pharmaceutical microbiologist, she turned her hand to writing silly stories and even dafter poems as soon as her children were old enough to enjoy them. After working with reluctant readers at the children’s primary school, Katherine became determined to write stories which would enthuse and entertain children, creating in them the same love of books she’d always had.
Her first novel ‘StarMark’, aimed at 8-12 year olds, led to representation by Penny Luithlen at the Luithlen Agency. Unfortunately the story remains unpublished.  

Although currently working on a new novel for children with Penny, Katherine has continued to pen shorter pieces for her own enjoyment and development as a writer.
She is an active member of The Word Cloud, operating under the name ‘Squidge’.

No comments:

Post a Comment